miércoles, 24 de enero de 2007

The rain in Spain DOESN'T stay mainly in the plain (wouldn't it be loverly !)

Ufff ! The storm has passed. Beautiful day today . Damage report : 47 dead in the UK and Germany. My kid didn't go to school 3 days ago. We stayed at home and it turned out to be really nice, since we watched again (me for the 1000th time in my life perhaps, and she for the 4th time since she got the DVD from Father Christmas) The Sound of Music. Isn't that work a masterpiece ?

In every adversity there is beauty. The storm triggerred this sound in my head (nothing to do with Peter Grimes' storm, by the way !) , and so I wrote it down immediately and figured out the exact notes and chords. One page became black with so many running notes ! That was 2 days ago. But I didn't know what to do with it, and how to continue. This was in fact the first time that I write music inspired by a natural happening. Apparently, the storm went from the continent to the north via England, and so Chendra experienced it some 12 hours later than I did. He then wrote a poem about it, and sent it to me last night "dedicated to AS"..... which might be a solution for my piece ! His poem is called "Saksi" (Witness), and it goes from the dark & turbulent storm to the dawn of a beautiful clear blue sky. I always like his poems, he certainly has a hidden talent for poetry (apart from his immense, incredible, impressive choreographic talent, which is pretty obvious by now !) . The storm in my piece starts getting clear .... so .... we'll see what should develop from this.